Ha, breakfast! Just as I pronounce this sweet word, my taste buds are already fluttering! Because it is my favorite meal of the day and it is necessary to start the day on the right foot, I offer you my healthy recipe on a platter for a balanced, easy to prepare and tasty breakfast. To your stoves!
Let’s not hide it, like a traditional french woman, I love to accompany my breakfast with a good croissant, a half stick of butter, all added with an intense hot chocolate. You know the one that warms your throat in winter, very smooth, deliciously chocolate. Unfortunately, the world is not perfect. Sometime the delicious foods are not the best for the body. So to enjoy having an appetising breakfast and at the same time keeping myself in good shape, I tried my own recipes. I have tested, innovated, re-adapted and brought my own flavour to my very own recipes. And the end result is they tick both boxes; Delicious and Healthy. So this is my chocolate banana fondant and I have the privilege to share the secret recipe with you. A mouth-watering cake with its unique French flavour.
Banana and chocolate fondant recipe
For 8 people
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 25/30 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas
- 120g flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 100g cottage cheese
- 50g dark chocolate chip (milk for the less reckless)
- Mash 2.5 bananas and keep the last half for the top of the cake.
- Mix all the ingredients except the egg whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then gently add them to the mixture.
- Pour everything into a buttered or floured baking tray and add the banana slices on top for decoration. Bake at 180° for 25/30 min.
For a healthy breakfast, I serve my share of cake with plain yoghurt, a few pieces of fruit; kiwifruit and red berries and a green tea with honey. Bon appetit!