As you may know, this recipe is originally from Scotland and served for breakfast. Popular in Anglo-Saxon countries like Australia, porridge is very often made with oat flakes soaked in milk. It is then garnished with fresh, candied or dried fruits according to your taste. For a perfect and complete breakfast, make this delicious creamy banana porridge in a few minutes. It will be perfect to start your very busy day!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking: 30/35 minutes depending on your oven
For 1 serve
- 1 ripe banana
- 50g oat flakes
- 100 ml vegetal milk (rice, coconut, oat, soy…)
- 50g apple sauce
- 50g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 10 g chocolate chips
Toppings: 5g chocolate chips for the top
Prepare your banana porridge the day before to save time the morning and store it in the fridge. The morning, take it out from the fridge, add the chocolate chips left at the top and warm it up in the microwave or oven, it’s gorgeous ;-)) You can also prepare it the morning and eat it right out of the oven, you just need to be patient because of the cooking time, but it’s better!
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Mash the banana finely, add other ingredients and leave to soak for 15 minutes if you can.
- Put into a mould of 10/12 cm (with baking paper if you want to take it out of the mould, otherwise it can eat it directly in the mould).
- Bake for 30/35 minutes. When it’s ready, add the chocolate chips left at the top and enjoy your breakfast!!