I love quiche!! When I used to work at my previous job in Luxembourg in Europe, my last colleagues were calling me “Madame quiche” because you could be sure that at least twice a week, I was coming to work with my slice of “quiche” for lunch!! Lol, I couldn’t do without it!!
But seriously, quiche is the best!! You can cook it in so many different ways, with salmon and spinach or with bacon, cream and cheese (also called quiche Lorraine, from my area in France), or you can fill them with just vegetables, or also with tuna, cheese and tomatoes.
In short, quiche is so great, tasty, really easy to prepare, not expensive, so convenient to bring at work, healthy (depends on what you put inside of course)! With a green salad on the side, it’s just perfect! Ah; and I almost forgot, you can also eat it warm or cold for picnics or parties outside, isn’t nice ??
Today, as I love butternut and goat cheese, I’ve incorporated both of them into this new recipe and it’s so so tasty!!! Goat cheese and butternut match so well together, it’s such a delicious combination!! All you have to do now is try it on!!
Here are the ingredients you need to make it:
Butternut and goat cheese quiche
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35/40 minutes
For 4 people
- 400g butternut, diced into 2cm chunks
- 100g goat cheese
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup or 6 tbsp milk of your choice
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pastry dough
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. On a baking tray, toss the pumpkin and red onion in the honey and olive oil. Add salt and bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread a bit of flour on the tin to prevent paste from sticking and put the pastry on it. Spike the base 4 or 5 times with a fork.
- Add the roast butternut, thyme leaves, goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes on the raw puff pastry dough.
- Whisk the eggs, pepper and milk together in a small bowl and pour over the vegetables.
- Bake for 20 minutes (a bit more depending on your oven).
Enjoy with a leafy green salad!!
Note: Sorry for the picture, I forgot my quiche in the oven!! 😉 She got a little warm!!!