When I was younger, I was totally in love with Duchess potatoes. I could eat them without stopping. I loved their texture, a bit crusty on the outside and soft on the inside, and I especially love the shape they had, thanks to the piping bag!
To remain my childhood (and to warm up, because it’s getting cold now in Melbourne…), I decided to make a revisited recipe of these gorgeous Duchess potatoes by adding bacon and camembert and it’s just amazing!
To realize it, you need…
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 6 Camembert Duchess
Ingredients for 6 Camembert Duchess:
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 egg
- A bunch of parsley
- 50 g parmesan
- 50 g butter
- 125 g bacon
- 1 camembert
- A piping bag
- Cook the potatoes and mash them with a fork
- Mix the mashed potatoes with the egg, parsley, parmesan and butter
- Place this mixture in a piping bag and shape 6 nests (with a hole inside) on a baking tray
- Place grilled bacon and diced camembert inside the nests
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 °C
You can eat this dish with a green salad and a glass of white wine, it’s the best!