I love to improvise recipes with what I have left in the fridge, trying to figure out which foods could go together and taste, taste, over and over again, until finding the perfect mix for a delicious dish!
Spinach and red cabbage chicken with coconut milk, this is my latest impromptu recipe… ready to start?
Spinach and red cabbage chicken with coconut milk
For 2 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1 red onion
- Around 150 g spinach
- 200 g chicken
- 50 cl coconut milk
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsps of coriander (I didn’t have fresh, but if you have some, it’s obviously better )
- Fry the onion and red cabbage cut into strips in olive oil. Cook for at least 5 minutes and then add the spinach.
- Add the coconut milk and all the spices and cook 10 minutes on low heat.
- In a frying pan, brown the chicken over low heat or more intense if you like it lightly grilled.
- Pour the vegetables into a bowl and add the chicken on top. Garnish with a few coriander leaves for decoration if you have!
It’s ready!! Bon Appétit!
Red cabbage and its health benefits: Red cabbage is a very good source of vitamin C, which helps maintain skin integrity, aids in wound healing, protects cells from premature aging caused by free radicals and facilitates immune function. Learn more about the benefits of red cabbage here.
And you, what do you prepare most of the time when you only have a few things in your fridge?
Enjoy your day and see you soon! 😉 For more recipes, go here or join me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook @alacartedele