Parisians in the wind, curious travellers or food addicts, you couldn’t escape the “Big Mamma” madness. More than 1200 employees, 8 restaurants spread throughout the capital including the gigantic food market, La Felicità installed Station F, 2 restaurants in Lyon and Lille (in France) and 2 other ones in London…for seven years now, Tigrane Seydoux and Victor Lugger have imposed their brand as THE trendy reference par excellence, “The Place to Be” in Paris.
But here’s, 4 months ago, the isolation came through and all the employees found themselves on layoff. So, the famous brand whom nothing can stop, came up with the idea to go into the takeaway business!
And… On their Instagram account, “Big Mamma” group delivered some of their best dessert recipes, which are absolutely outstanding!!!
Obviously, as a greedy food eater, I’ve chosen the tiramisu! I’ve tried it and I have to say that I’m not disappointed by the Tiramisu from Big Mama’s mother (yes it’s true, she shared herself the recipe) and it is a hit! For you, I’ve transcribed it here… Get to your spatula! Enjoy Ragazzi and thanks to Big Mamma for sharing 😉
Tiramisu from Big Mama’s Mother
Prep time: 20 minutes
Rest time: one night
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 25 cl thick cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 70 g caster sugar
- 400 g mascarpone
- 40 cl hot espresso coffee
- 2 tablespoons of marsala
- 30 spoon biscuits (Savoiardi if possible)
- powdered cocoa
- Prepare the cream in a bowl or the tank of your food processor: whip the liquid cream until you obtain a whipped cream.
- In a second bowl, whiten the egg yolks with the sugar using a whisk.
- Add the mascarpone and whisk until smooth.
- Then, incorporate the whipped cream with a spatula. Set aside.
- In a soup plate, place the coffee and marsala, dip the biscuits on each side in this mixture and place them in the bottom of a large dish (20 x 25 cm and 7 cm deep about).
- Cover with a layer of cream about 2 cm thick, then, repeat the operation until all the ingredients are used up, finishing with a layer of cream.
- Cover with cling wrap and store in the fridge overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle the tiramisu with cocoa