If you are looking for a delicious recipe, both healthy and tasty, you’ve come to the right place with this wok of green asparagus with chicken and grilled almonds! For a special dish, I added my little touch with some ginger, pepper and lemon. The result, a wok full of flavours! Let’s make it together!
Wok of green asparagus with chicken and grilled almonds
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Cooking: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 800 g green asparagus
- 600 g chicken needles
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g toasted slivered almond
- Cut the chicken needles (aiguillettes) into thin strips lengthwise.
- Place chicken strips in a shallow dish. Pour soy sauce over them.
- Chop the garlic and place it in the dish. Season the chicken (mix well to coat the chicken with the herbs), wrap, place in a cool room and let it marinate for about 30 min.
- Rinse the asparagus, then refresh the heel cut (the end opposite the head of the asparagus) if necessary. Slice them finely, but keep the heads whole.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the olive oil and then pour in the chopped asparagus. Season with salt. Cook the asparagus, about 10 min, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon so that they are evenly cooked.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook an additional 5 to 8 min with regular stirring. Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds at the end of the cooking time.
My personal touch!
For a stronger flavour, I added a little lemon juice, 2 tsp of ginger powder to the chicken marinade. And cherry on the cake, a pinch of Espelette pepper or Tabasco. It’s delicious as well!
Note about asparagus
White, violet or green depending on how long it is exposed to the sun, asparagus is a spring delight not to be missed! It can be eaten simply with a mix of vinaigrettes or cooked au gratin, velouté, etc. Long considered a luxury product, it is now much more affordable. Before eating it, you will need to be patient and cook it with steam or water. You can then serve it as an appetizer or garnish. It goes very well with meats. Asparagus is rich in potassium, magnesium and vitamins. Relatively low in calories, you can eat it without fear.
Let me know if you try it! By the way, how do you like cooking your asparagus, do you have a special recipe?
Find more savoury recipes on my blog and feel free to follow me on my Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest pages @alacartedele. Always available if you have any questions 😉